As we share this with you, we’re smack dab in the middle of the holiday season, which means the pressure for gifting is high, but let’s be real: buying gifts can be tricky at any time of the year. Whether you’re searching for the perfect birthday present or trying to get creative with a treat to help a friend celebrate a recent promotion, finding the right thing isn’t always easy. Even if you love buying gifts (can we be friends?), the process may still be stressful.
We have a proposition for you.
Why not give your loved ones the gift of yoga?
You can give them a gift card to your studio of choice, or better yet, invite them to check out a class right along with you. If you want to steer clear of the whole consumerism thing entirely (more power to you!), you can even suggest that they join you for a casual at-home practice. Play around with your favorite poses and get a good stretch in before you head out for drinks or a movie. If yoga is important to you, this really is a good present for someone you care about.
If you’re still not convinced, consider these five reasons that yoga is literally the best gift, like, ever.
1. It’s going to make the recipient feel amazing. Whether the loved one in question digs giving their bod a little extra TLC, getting in an awesome sweat session, practicing mindfulness, or all of the above, they’re going to be pretty amped about the gift of yoga. A studio class or something a little more chill may be just the pick-me-up they need, and will be a boost to their body and soul.
2. You don’t have to wrap it. We can’t all make the perfect wrapping paper corner folds… and who really has the time to track down all those cutesy coordinated gift bag/tissue paper combos? Yeah, no. The gift of yoga requires absolutely zero trimmings (in fact, we’re not quite sure how you would pull that off), but it’s lack of wrapping isn’t going to make it seem any less special.
3. You can experience it together. They say that time is the best gift you can give someone. If you (or the giftee) feels like this is kind of a load of BS, you can still offer the best of all worlds by giving them a gift card that also allows you to cultivate some QT. You can attend classes together and chat all things yoga. Maybe it will even become your new shared “thing.” Win, win.
4. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe your friend or family member is already a dedicated yogi. If that’s the case, they might be psyched to have a reason to practice even more. And if they’re totally new to yoga, they might just discover that it’s their new favorite activity. Hello, new hobby!
5. It will solve a lot of your gifting questions. Yoga has a little something for everybody, whether they’re looking to work out hard or simply take better care of themselves. Stop stressing about what to get everyone on your list, because yoga’s got you covered.
If you’re a bulldogger, why not give the gift of bulldog yoga or bulldog online? We offer gift cards for in-studio classes at our Villanova and Boulder
Featured image: Jakob Owens/Unsplash