We’ve already filled you in our favorite dirty little secret, but in case you need a quick refresher (because, speaking for ourselves, we haven’t been able to stop thinking about it), here it is: yoga is seriously good for your sex life. Great news, right? Before you can make that down dog-infused magic happen in the bedroom, though, you’ll need to woo your partner with an equally magical date night (or two). After all, we didn’t raise you to be rude.
Dinner and a movie is a classic combo, but why not shake up tradition — and your usual routine — with a yoga date? (P.S. This is an entirely rhetorical question, because we’re here to tell you that there is absolutely no reason not to give this a shot.)
A yoga date will get you and your partner moving, and experts say that couples who engage in physical activity together are happier and more emotionally bonded. Studies also show that workin’ on your fitness with an S.O. makes you work out harder and more efficiently. Plus, when you and your partner do physical activities together, you show a mutual concern for each other’s health and wellness, which makes it a lot easier for you both to achieve your fitness goals. Sounds like a win, win to us.
If you’re wondering how to turn yoga into a date night that doesn’t just feel like it’s part of your existing workout routine, we have five suggestions for you. Check ’em out below! These may seem like minor things, but trust us — they’ll go a long way toward making your night feel special and your date feel like a rock star.
- Make it invite only. If you and your partner already practice yoga together regularly but you want to make this night feel a little more date-ish, consider sending him or her an e-vite to class! The gesture shows that you’re trying to turn up the romance, plus it’s super charming.
- Set up a romantic at-home yoga night. Cue up a bulldog online class, light some candles, and line up your mats right in the living room.
- Scope out a smoothie shop. Surprise your S.O. by stopping for a post-yoga treat. (And if you choose to stop for fro yo instead, we promise not to tell.)
- Maintain the zen vibes with a walk. Savasana might be over, but you can still keep those happy vibes going outside of class. Instead of cooling down from your workout at home on the couch, take a walk! Getting fresh air is a great way to cap your night of yoga, plus you and your S.O. can get some hand holding in (s’cute, no?).
- Experiment with partner yoga. Check out this link for five poses that will get you started!
Happy Dating, bulldoggers!
***You can get the bulldog experience anywhere, anytime with our online classes — and make sure you check out our full line of bulldog swag, too! Don’t forget to subscribe to the bulldog blog so you can get e-mail notifications about every new post.***
Featured image: Jeremy Bishop/Unsplash